Monday, April 7

One Tough Cookie

On Saturday Sutton had a game in Las Vegas v. UNLV. She made the trip down at 7:30 am and I followed a couple hours later along with a friend of mine who is from Czech Republic and plays for SUU's Basketball team. We found the field a couple minutes after the game started. It was hot and we tried to find some shade both of us being of the fairer complexion. It was a good game. UNLV is a good team and SUU got pretty tired only having one sub being a spring game and all but Mrs. Sutton Fox was amazing! She had 10 or so amazing saves. Lots of one on one saves that were the result of a tired and collapsing defense. We ended up losing 3-0 but Sutton really did awesome. All goals resulting from no one "marking their man" and Sutton having to make the save and then be expected to block an immediate shot from another player. It was rough but Sutton's Second half was great to watch. Lots of congrats from other players and people for her after the game. She's excited for the fall season even with all the bruises, scrapes, bumps and soreness.

Conference was great. I listened to the Sunday Sessions from my bed. Heard alot of great council. Elder Christofferson's talk was great. I liked the "meet Elder Christofferson" format of it. Other than that the usual people gave the usual great talks. E. Holland and Bednar were exceptional and I really liked to hear Pres. Monson fill the shoes of Pres. Hinckley. His closing remarks were similar to the former but in his own style and I appreciated it.

Good Luck Everyone this week.

Andrew, the blog is needing some freshening up...

5 comments:

S. Schuller said...

Good call on Andrew's blog. And, Sutton, what a great game! Congrats on playing so well, even if the score didn't go in your favor. Wish I could've been there. We could've dressed Lucy in an SUU cheer outfit. You guys are a great team. Way to be supportive of your gal, Ben.

Emily Fox King said...

congrats sutt. thanks for posting. keep it up...by the way is "marking your man" only a soccer term? i think i do that already in the social scene, "hey girls, he's mine."

debfox said...

thanks for posting,Ben. I love to hear from you about yours and Suttons doings. Love you, Mom

An average mom named rachel said...

Sutton! I read this story awhile ago and am way proud of her being a tough cookie. We need to plan a weekend to see each other! Good luck with finals!

Whitney said...

Ben--post us about Sanfran.

Love to hear from you.