Tuesday, July 1

One Year Down.... Many Years to Come



Yesterday Ben and I celebrated our one year anniversary by going to San Francisco. We stayed at the Hotel Monaco, the same hotel we stayed at on our wedding night. It was a beautiful hotel with great service.



After checking in, we exchanged gifts before going out and exploring the city. Ben gave me my favorite perfume, Lucky, and a new pair of high heels. He is such a sweet heart. I had asked for the perfume but the high heels were a total surprise. I got him a new wallet (since his last was stolen) and a dinner to a sushi restaurant of his choice.









After gifts, Ben and I went out to explore the city. We checked out many of the stores, enjoyed people watching from Jack in the Box, and went to the matinée Get Smart. By this time we were hungry for some dinner so Ben took me to the Cheesecake Factory. MMmmmm! Ben got fish and chips, I got bow-tie pasta with Alfredo sauce.


After dinner we walked around a little more then headed back to the hotel for cake. I had frozen the top of our wedding cake and saved it for our anniversary. Upon arriving back at the hotel, we noticed a bottle of wine in a tub of ice, two wine glasses, and a card from the front desk. When we had checked in we had told the woman at the front desk that it was our one year anniversary. The wine and note were from her congratulating us and wishing us her best wishes. Since she had been so thoughtful we had to bust the old bottle open.....and pretend to drink it. Man those corks make a loud popping sound when they are pried from the bottle! Ben popped it off and it shot up and hit the sealing. It was petty fun pretending to be wine drinkers!





Mmm that cake was good!!!

5 comments:

Erin said...

you guys are so cute.

An average mom named rachel said...

happy anniversary you guys! It's funny to think we are only a week behind you! We have NO IDEA what we are going to do for our anniversary; But Wes does know that he wants our gift to each other to be a new TV. (we'll see...) I miss you. And think those shoes are sexy. (nice job ben)

Whitney said...

congrats. way to celebrate in style. ben, i think i want you to pick me out some heels too. yummy cake. i love that you took it all the way to SF.

Emily Fox King said...

congrats! you're an example and an inspiration. (and i'm really cheesy)no really, way to go! I'm sure it's not easy being married to ben, sutton. :) hee hee

Brock and Emily Gibbons said...

ben....sutton...wheres my phone call ben. you never called me back. i remembered to look for you guys on here. looks like fun and seriously is that your wedding cake after one year.....hmm, i love the taste of a freezer!!!